Past Posts

12/12/11

1/2 Marathon Training


 Jen and I ran 10 miles this past Saturday!!  Wow, 10 miles!!  That is now my new longest run ever!  And I must say- we were hurting afterwards!  Yeah, I cant say it was our best run . . .
And now, 2 days later, I’m still hurting  :(

So later Saturday,  my back was getting pretty sore, along w/ some crazy tight calf muscles.  And by Sunday morning, I was hobbling.  By Sunday afternoon, I could barely walk and was definitely dealing w/ part of my back being out.  Sunday night Jen waited on my hand and foot!  God bless her!!  And I slept on my back w/ a huge pillow under my knees and didn’t move from that position all night long.  Around 4am I tried laying on my side, but it was putting too much stress on my back.  So till 8am, I laid flat on my back.

Now it’s Monday afternoon and with a package of frozen edamame on my back,  I’m finally feeling about 90% better.  I called my dad to get some stretches and advice from him since his back goes out pretty often.  And those seemed to help. 

But in the meantime, I had to miss my Monday morning 5 mile run and I’m concerned about how I’m going to do my Wednesday 5 mile run.  Lets not even get into my fear of the Saturday 11 mile run we have coming up!!  And then lets really not talk about the race of 13.1 miles on Christmas morning!!
I’m praying that God will help my body to recover and that I can run in this race w/o any injuries or issues.

This is the 3rd year in a row Jen and I have attempted to train for this race and so far, some type of injury has come up for both of us within just a few weeks of race day  :(  .  I’m really praying that doesn't happen again this year.

Now, each Saturday’s long-run are my longest runs ever.  Last week being 9 miles, this week being 10, next week (supposedly) going to be 11 and then race day being 13.1.  I’m so excited to be able to do these runs and so thankful that God has protected my body (and my mind!!) to be able to accomplish these things that in the past wouldn’t have even crossed my mind to attempt! 
Praying that God will continue to protect my body and that Jen and I can have a great Christmas Morning 1/2 Marathon Race!!

1 comment:

  1. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!! <3

    Sooo proud, my friend!! So proud!!!
    <3

    ReplyDelete