Past Posts

12/26/11

Half Marathon- WE DID IT!!!

The day before the race we picked up our packets!  SO excited that God worked everything out for us so we could do this!


My stuff laid out the night before

3am and race ready!

Right before we walked out the door

The start line

The finish line


Practicing my Finishing pose!

Jen's Power Pose!

Just minutes after I had finished!!  Jen finished about 30 mins before me and waited at the finish line for me


The after race food they provided- chicken & rice!  So different from America!



Posing w/ some friends who ran the 10k


Home and still so super proud!!

I worked hard for this baby!

Our champion meal afterwards at our favorite breakfast place!



I killed that meal!

Jen w/ our new friend Heather

Me w/ our new friend Katie (we met her playing Volleyball each Thursday)


I made Jen pose one more time with her medal

Front of the medal
back of the medal

Well, after trying for 3 years in a row, we finally got to participate in this 1/2 Marathon!!  Crazy injuries the week before the race didn't stop us and prayers of everyone and God's Grace gave us the strength to participate and finish!!!
What an amazing feeling of accomplishment and pride in finishing something you've worked so hard for!  Especially something that had always seemed utterly impossible!!!  I am learning with each new lesson in life that "impossible" shouldn't really even be in our vocabulary!
Thank you so much for all your prayers!!  I held onto them very tightly during the race and they honestly helped me get through the toughest part of it!  I couldn't have done it without them!
Here's to Impossible Dreams!!

1 comment: