Past Posts

6/14/12

Checking in

Well, we have been home for a few months now.  Sometimes it seems a lot longer and sometimes it seems like just yesterday.

I (Steph) just got back from being in TX for about a month.
While we were still in Thailand, we had planned on me going to Dallas in May because our friend from Australia was going to come then also.  So I got to help play tourguide for her since it was her first time in America!  That was a lot of fun!  And I'll be posting pics from this trip soon.

So now I'm back in SC and finally ready to "start" my life.  Since we've been back, there was always something I was about to do or go.  So there was never a solid start time for life because everything was moving towards something else... which left the present on hold.  So I think things are finally ready to start starting.

For me, that means #1- finding a job!  Thankfully Jen had a job lined up before she got back.  And while I was in TX, I was able to get the rest of her life "going" with her finding a place to live, buying furniture & just getting her life set-up.  So now it's my turn and I've returned to Myrtle Beach to live here and figure things out.

This weekend I have a dog-sitting job that I'm really excited about.  I would LOVE to do more of this!!
I also have a place I'll be doing some massages again.  And I have a meeting w/ a really talented Wedding Videographer to see if there is a way I can do some work with him.  I'm also seeking about different opportunities to do photography work.

So we are slowly getting settled and figuring things out.  Some things have been a lot harder than we thought they'd be.  And something things have been really easy to get used to again!!  (like every bathroom having tissue paper and soap!!).

I'll post pictures and stories from my trip to TX soon!!

Be praying for me to find a job, or 3  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment